Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Downloadable Austin audio tours




These are really cool, I'm just resentful because I had the idea a few months ago and didn't have the equipment to do it. Austin Chronicle clickguides are downloadable guidebooks and listings that can be loaded on a mobile device like PDAs or iPods just like an Mp3 song. They have them for several districts around town including SoCo, The Warehouse District and Sixth and Red River.

They are designed by the company CitizenPod, the same company who helped make an iPod guide to SXSW and Austin City Limits Festival. It's hard to tell if this is an Austin-based business or not, but many of their projects are from Austin so I'm going to go ahead and assume they are (if someone knows otherwise, please tell me).

I also happen to know that the Blanton is working on a downloadable audio tour of the museum, but in the meantime they have ecards and neat multimedia exhibits.
Technorati Tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home