Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Online classes


My particular division at the University of Texas may be technologically retarded, but the rest of the school isn't.

I'm currently taking an online course in the school of information, and it's been really fun just to see what technology they're employing to make it work. I receive my class bulletins through an RSS feed, I converse with my professor via AIM, throughout the lessons there are hyperlinks to additional sources so you can learn more about what intrigues you and webcast video lessons are common. I'm not really sure how all those online degrees operate, and if they use this same sort of process..if anyone has any insight please let me know.

I'll keep you updated on what it's like to learn this way and the course's successes and failures.
Technorati Tag:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Burns said...

Glad to hear that you are happy with some of the stuff we've incorporated into the course site. Please let us know what kind of feedback you get. Also, don't be shy if you have suggestions for other ways that we can improve the class.

6/12/2006 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home