Friday, June 30, 2006

i Don't buy into your damn campaign


Saw an ad, for the I Don't campaign, featuring zombies wearing ipods on page 10 of these week's Austin Chronicle. Since zombies and ipods are two of my favorite things in the world (after cats and blue cheese) I had to check it out.

Of course no one spend lots of money on color ads and fancy flash websites unless they're selling something, you have to dig a little bit before you find out what it is in this case. After being called a sheep and a member of the itatorship, I finally realized they were trying to insult me into buying the Sansa e200 mp3 player. I almost hate to write about this all here because I'm playing into their clever little marketing bullshit. They're probably laughing at me right now.

The most insulting part of it all though was when I realized the "new comic" I'd been reading in the Chronicle for the past few weeks was ALSO AN IDON'T AD!!! That's right Austinites, the Flocking Hell strip that has appeared at the bottom of the Page Two editorial is selling your ass a music player.

Curse you social marketing.
Technorati Tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home