Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shuffle life

I loved having 1000 songs at my fingertips, but after the sixth time I had to take my ipod in for repairs I finally realized it was not the right mp3 player for me. On that fateful sixth occasion the apple store clerk literally had me list all my activities and told me which of them I couldn't do with my ipod..what's the point if you can't jump on a trampoline or gogo dance? This is when I went shuffle.

Flash players are where it's at, cheap and near indestructible. I've ceased to think of my shuffle as an electronic device and simply think of it as jewelry, I've "pimped my player" and now it even looks more like an accessory.
Image hosting by Photobucket

It seems this technology is becoming so integrated into people's lives that it's given birth to ipod jewelry. The player is totally removed from it's original design and is just another wardrobe piece.
Image hosting by Photobucket

So in December I reasoned that if flash players were so easy to use and so sturdy and so easily decorated, why weren't there more kids models available. The day after I had this genius idea I opened the Toys R Us catalog to find this. In a genius move to hold on to customers who may have outgrown the doll but are familiar with the brand Bratz has designed a lipstick mp3 player, priced from $45 to $85 with 256MB memory.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Technorati Tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home