Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Do I work tonight?

I was talking with a friend who works at Austin's Saba Blue Water and he pointed out that one thing he likes about the job is that the restaurant emailed the employees their work schedule every week.

It surprises me how many managers today are still operating with printed excel spreadsheets or, worse yet, pen and notebook paper work schedules. There's lots of special internet software to facilitate it for even the dumbest of bosses, such as WhenToWork and ScheduleAnywhere. My boyfriend works at Brackenridge hospital and is able to access his schedule via a special physician's site at AmIOn.

With the ability to contact other employees, switch shifts online and see your schedule anywhere I'm not sure why more companies aren't doing this.
Technorati Tag:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/01/2006 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home